» An Angel's return...
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week

Share | 

A False God (Open, no limit)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wind

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/1000  (100/1000)
Character Tweaks: Wants to take on the gods. Relies more on his database than his power, mind over body.

PostSubject: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm

It was a cloudy night in Jidoor, city of aristocrats, and the moon could barely be seen in the holes of the sky.

...And because of that, because our Lord tells us, we'll get rid of all the non-believers that dwell in this city!

In the basement of a certain big and beautiful mansion, located almost exactly at the center of the city, a large group of people had reunited. Though the word "large" was used, it wasn't more than 2% of the city population, probably much less, but they all held a reasonable amount of power in their hands (of course, monetary power), so the lack of necks could be overlooked. They all were wearing black cloacks, barely revealing part of their faces to others, and all of them were looking at a single man, their leader. This leader was kneeling in front of a statue, the statue of a humanoid creature, with cat like features in its head, four arms, and a tail. In other words, a god of some sort.

In just two days we are going to attack, and in two days... This city will belong to our great Lord Atra'Din!

The message was received by an unison shout of approval.

Now, you're all dismissed!

The cloacked men started to leave the room, silently, so the neighbors wouldn't notice their presence. Though many of them walked in groups, ready to celebrate the victory of their cult before time, one man snuck in the shadows and went to a different location.

Wind had joined the cult the day before yesterday. Before reaching that city, he already knew what they were up to, in part thanks to the rumors, but mostly because the leader of the cult was already in his mind database. He did it, not because he believed in such a god, but because he needed to know the cult's plan. And now that he knew them...

Interesting... Though they are a bunch of idiots that believe in a false god, they actually have a well-thought plan. It could even work.

An evil like smirk appeared in the cloacked man's mouth. His mind was working, creating ideals, making a plan, a plan strong enough to not be broken by anyone or anything that could be stepping on that city...

Yes, they could actually be useful for my plans. It would be a decent step towards my goal. But first, I need to get rid of their leader... No, replace their leader.

Wind, without saying a single word, started to walk through a dark alley, knowing just too well his point of destination.

And if I'm lucky, I'll be able to find the perfect person for this job in no less than 2 minutes...

The sky was cloudy. It was past midnight. Many aristocrats were still awake, but they wouldn't notice his presence around their High Class streets. Wind looked at the sky. It was definitely not going to rain. A perfect night for him.

Everything is always okay in the end, if it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.

100 MP
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:14 pm

"Haha, we've hit the motherload."
Tora was practically swimming in valuables, all placed in a bag. Tora had a big smile on his face now, they had been able to get a big haul and they hadn't even finished going through all their marks for the night.
"Tora the next mark is two blocks away hurry up and get there."
"Not a problem Rhodes."
Tora leapt towards the window and out into the night. The sky seemed blotchy with clouds, and the moonlight was shining through at a minimum, making this the best time to be a thief. Tora latched unto a wall of a building across the street and climbed up ot the top. He began to run towards the next mark. Tora leapt from rooftop to rooftop, looking below he saw a large group of people all walking around. They seemed to be coming from one place, the building right across from his mark. Tora looked around as he climbed unto the roof and down the wall. He opened an alleyway window and went in, to his right was a large case, and inside that case was large gemmed necklace.
"What's the reading on these gems?"
"These are pure gemstones, highest quailty available."
Tora held his hand as Rhodes spoke over the communication device so he could listen better. Tora cut the glass and reached inside and grabbed the necklace. He held it up in the moonlight with a great big smile on his Mithran face. He placed it into the bag and hung himself out the window keeping a lookout for those weirdoes in the cloaks. He leapt to the building those people came out of and stood ontop waiting for Xavier to come get the valuables.

Formerly Known As Bernhardt Rhodes
Emperor of Newbs
Squiggle Master
High Ruler o Typos
Back to top Go down
Wind

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/1000  (100/1000)
Character Tweaks: Wants to take on the gods. Relies more on his database than his power, mind over body.

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 pm

...Oh?

Just as Wind reached the other end of the dark alley, his eyes caught an image. A figure, using the darkness as a disguise, jumped from one building to another. It almost resembled an human, for the exception of two cat ears above his head and a feline tail. It hadn't even taken him 5 seconds to find the man. He could not see his face very well, but that jumping ability, the fact that it was a male, and the fact that Mithras are rare outside Vana'Diel revealed his identity to Wind...

You're going to be useful, Tora Kline...

Wind had to speed up his walking in order to catch up. The man he was following was now on top of the same building that he just came out from. As strange as it may sound, it was a good thing: If he had waited there, and Tora had seen him, then contact would have been more difficult.

He couldn't reach the boy in question, as Wind's physical abilities were not enough to climb a building. But there was no need. There was a simplier method.

You seem to be having fun, kid.

Wind spoke to Tora. The volume of his voice was loud enough to reach the Mithra's ears, even from his distance.

Don't worry. I'm not going to alert anyone of your presence. I'm also not going to stop you from what you are doing. In fact, I believe your abilities are quite impresive. Just what I need. Come down here... I have a proposal that might interest you.

100 MP
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 pm

The Shaman had heard the city of Jindor was a jewel in the Northern Continent, a place where the aristocrats came to play. And it had been that way for the past two days, a city with its own unique style and life.

That was before tonight though. Now he was just busy watching people dressed in dark cloaks walk the street. Something was a miss John thought, and the hair on the back of his neck told him so. He felt like a sinister plan was a foot but he couldn't figure out why. So John decided to follow one of the many cloaked groups on the street. He kept his hand close the handle of Wakina as the group went down one avenue and then another.

It was soon that group started to break apart and the number dwindled down to only one. John could see the individual was nervous and the Shaman had a small second thought about what he was doing.

Too bad he didn't get to think too much. All of the sudden the person beneath the cloak stopped and looked back causing the Shaman to disappear back into the shadows. John looked at the person in cowl and instantly picked up the pointed ears and then he saw the tail swishing on the ground.

Now with this revelation the Shaman's second thought started to grow.

Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you - Anonymous

There are four questions of value in life...
What is sacred?
Of what is the spirit made?
What is worth living for?
And what is worth dying for?
The answer to each is the same...Only Love
- Johnny Depp

30 MP
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am

As Tora stood on the rooftop waiting for his companion, Xavier, a voice called up to him. Tora thought it was one fo those people earlier in cloaks, but this person seemed different. Tora leapt down to the ground the bag of goodies still in his hand. He sniffed the air and noted that the man smelled of magicks, more likely he was a mage of some sort. The man it seemed was interested in Tora's abilities, and wanted to offer something for his services. Tora grinned as he looked at the man in the black cloak.
"My services are not free, nor are they cheap, but in order to obtain these services you will have to speak to my current partners."
Tora watched the rooftops watching for Xavier, but it seemed they might not be alone. A shadow had moved at one of the rooftops nearby if it were Xavier he would have come to get the goods. He had not which meant they had a guest on this beautiful night. Tora however was not going to say a word, he would have liked it if things got a bit more interesting.

Emperor of Newbs
Squiggle Master
High Ruler o Typos
Back to top Go down
Wind

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/1000  (100/1000)

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Excelent. A thief, greedy but also righteous like him was perfect for the job. Before answering, Wind looked around. There was another presence nearby. It was not the presence of a normal person, but it didn't seem to be a threat. Even if that person was observing them, it wouldn't change the flow of events. Or, at least, in theory. Wind looked again at the thief.

I thought so. And don't worry. If it is money that you want, I can easily give you lots of it. And, if things end up well, I can even give you some other "things" that may be of your interest.

The building where the ceremony had taken place was in front of him. Wind walked some steps at it and then pointed at the main door, attracting the attention of the thief at it.

My request is simple: In the basement of this building, hidden in a secure place, there is a black jewel. This jewel has the form of a half-beast half-man creature. I want you to steal it and bring it to me. Though, I should warn you, the jewel is guarded by men and traps, though I don't know of what sort. The jewel by itself has a low price, so I suggest you to not run away with it. Once I have it in my hands, I'll pay up, unless you want an "advance" first.

100 MP
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:30 am

The Shaman's enhanced eye sight helped in the dark as he stood in the shadows. The scene played out in front of John and he watched carefully. The man in the robes was talking to someone on the roof it looked like, a thief more than likely. Were the two somehow companions or friends? It didn't seem that way right now, but who could tell by the time the night was through.

Do I stop this? he thought.

There was no crime he could see yet so John told himself no and just kept quiet and in the dark shadows for now. The pair were obviously working out a deal as the hat enhanced the Shaman's hearing and every word of their conversation was taken down mentally.

Where ever this went he wanted to see.

Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you - Anonymous

What is sacred?
- Johnny Depp

30 MP
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/100  (100/100)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:21 pm

It wasn't often that Avalon would leave her home world of Spira, but when she did it was often spontaneous and random. Avalon liked being in other worlds too, mainly for the fact that she was hassled much less here. The young girl, dressed in her rather formal attire seemed to fit in here with the aristocrats, however she was not one of them. She wore her white, long-sleeved button up shirt with a dark blue tie, her shirt loosely tucked into her black skinny jeans, covered by her open military type jacket that was black with silver trim and buttons and a pair of black chuck taylors being the clothing item that made it understandable that she wasn't an aristocrat. Her long white hair was tied at the end loosely with a black ribbon, her turquoise eyes seemed to glow within the night.

The girl walked the streets quite casually, til she saw something quite interesting: a few cloaked men walking out from an alleyway. Usually, Avalon wasn't so nosey but this seemed a little fishy so she had to look. Avalon wasn't very suttle in her movement through the alleyway, she blatantly moved through the groups of cloaked men, passing them to reach what looked to be a deal going down. There was another one of the cloaked men, however, he seemed different and was talking to a mithra, it looked strange to Avalon, if this man was from what looked to be a cult.

The teenager listened closely, really only catching the end of what the cloaked man had said about the jewel being low in price. Avalon wondered what this man would want with something worthless and why he wouldn't get it himself. The girl stayed in the shadows, thinking that she'd ask him once the theif had gone after it. She leaned against the wall of the building, holding her gunblade Rosen Dream in her hand, the tip of it resting on the ground.

~100mp

Darkness
Lightning
Wind
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm

"Tora let's see what this guy can do for us let's say yes for now."Rhodes was speaking into the earpiece in Tora's ear, his answer to this man's proposal was a yes. Tora looked at the hooded man and nodded.
"I will get this stone for you, then we will talk about our business else where, we seem to have quite a few wonderous ears about tonight."
Tora grinned as he leapt back up to the top of the building, on the roof he found a vent and he crawled inside and down into the buildings ventilation system. He held his hand to his earpiece and spoke to Rhodes. Tora left his goods hanging close to the opening at the roof as it would make it harder to move about.
"I'm inside how's it look?"
"Pretty simple you can take the vents to the basement floor, once their you will have two guards and a security camer to deal with. However the camera is on a closed circuit meaning once you disrupt it you will trigger the traps."
"So getting the stone will be easy, getting out once I do will be heard, got it."
"I should be able to deactivate the alarms by the time you get there, but you will have a very small window before they go back online."
"Roger that."
Tora reached the basement floor soon enough since his armor allowed him to climb walls and ceilings he was able to climb down silently. He found the vent door he would have to go through and took a peak. There were two guards and only a single camera, easy enough, now all he needed was to wait for Rhodes's signal. Tora didn't have to wait long for it either.
"Tora you have 1 minute get in and out within that time."
"Got it."
"GO."
Tora undid the vent screen and leapt down in front of the guards, doing their job they went to attack him, however Tora reared his head back and let out a mighty roar. This sent the guards flying back, as well as knocking them unconscious as they hit the walls. Tora dragged the two men into a nearby door and locked it, then ran to the door at the end of the hall. The door was easy enough to pick open and he opened it. Tora pulled a can of spray out from his vest and revealed infrared lasers on the ground and around a case in the middle. Tora quickly climbed the walls and went above the case, the ceiling was low enough for him to just hang from the ceiling and reach the case. He cut into the top and placed the can he used to reveal the lasers in the small statues place. The stranger was right the stone it was made from wasn't that valuable, so why did he want it in the first place?
"Rhodes what's my time, I got the stone statue."
"You got 20 seconds to get back through that vent."
Tora placed the statue in his vest and quickly climbed his way out and back into the hallway.
"5 seconds."
Just as the last second passed Tora was inside the vent and the screen was back where it needed to be. A small beep could be heard as he heard the alarms reactivate themselves. Tora climbed back up the vents and up to the roof. He grabbed his bag of goodies and stretched once he was out.
"Mission Complete."
"Good now go collect."
Tora swung the bag over his back and leapt down to where the stranger was, a big grin on his Mithran face. He tossed the stone statue at the man.
"All done Mister."

Emperor of Newbs
Squiggle Master
High Ruler o Typos
Back to top Go down
Wind

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/1000  (100/1000)

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 pm

The Mithran agreed to the deal, and immideately left to accomplish the task. Wind smiled, but immideately sighed. He could feel two other special people besides Tora and him watching. But they were different kind of people: One of them belonged to the Light, and the other to the Darkness. Was it wise to make contact with them? Wind remained in silence for some seconds, until he said out loud:

Please, to everyone that might be spying me... Come out.

It was better to call them out. After all, after getting the stone, things were not going to remain calm in that street.

One minute passed. Wind looked at the building and he saw a small shadow coming out from the inside. Tora landed in front of him with the stone in his hand. The stone was tossed at Wind, who caught it with ease.

Thanks for your work.

Wind looked at the stone. It was the same creature that the cult members were worshiping, but in smaller size. An humanoid creature with cat ears, four arms, and a tail that resembled a serpent's tail than anything else. A monster like that could be called a chimera. But chimeras were oftenly the result of human experiments, and Wind knew that a creature like that existed in the nearby forest.

Quite interesting, right? The value of the jewel itself is low, but it still holds a great power inside... Shall we test it?

It was unbelivable, but Wind dropped the stone to the ground and crushed it with his feet, making it break into little pieces. Wind smiled, knowing just too well what was going to happen. In five minutes, maybe less, "something" was going to come. The outsiders had that much time to make their presence known.

I guess you want your money, right? How much would you like?

100 MP
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Character sheet
Max MP:
100/100  (100/100)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Avalon stepped out from the shadows after Wind had called her and what must have been another person out. She was going to come out anyways so she wasn't too phased apart from the fact that he had sensed her.. and there was yet another person there. Avalon looked at the distinctive jem closely as it was thrown through the air to be caught with ease by the cloaked man who observed it for only a breif moment before crushing it. Maybe the jem was cursed or something and some beast was trapped inside it, Avalon wasn't sure, she wasn't familiar with these sorts of items.

Through Avalon's mind was quick contemplation in leaving incase something horrible was going to happen. However, not a lot happened in Avalon's life so by choice she stayed, in doing so, if the man wanted the two 'others' to come out, then maybe he'd like them to see what was going to happen. He didn't seem too worried about money either, asking the theif how much they'd like rather than giving an offer, prehaps he was a theif himself.. or just a powerful being, again, Avalon wasn't too sure, so, she'd just ask.

"Who are you?"

The teen was pretty blunt, it wasn't often that Avalon would seem so rude, but this man seemed suspicious. Avalon wasn't going to go against this man unless he attacked her, she just wanted to know what was going on and who he was, for future reference.

~100mp

Darkness
Lightning
Wind
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:47 am

When John saw the teenager walk out and briskly command the man in the robes he raised an eyebrow. It took courage to face the unknown, more than most men were capable of mustering, and yet here was a teenager doing it without hesitation. He watched for a moment hoping the man in the robes would give away some clues as to what was going on.

All the Shaman knew was there was a gem the thief had fetched for him, but that was it. John needed to get closer to the stone to see what it was and what it was for and he was sure the robed man wasn't about to let him see the gem.

So, what to do next John he thought to himself.

And with a small step the Shaman stepped out of the shadows just behind the teenager and watched as the scene kept unfolding.

What is sacred?
- Johnny Depp

30 MP
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Character sheet
Max MP:
30/30  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

"Pay, dude as long as I get some money or shown a good time I don't really care."
Tora watched the man as inspected the small gem statue. After that he went and tossed it to the ground and smashed it to pieces. At first Tora was upset and growled a bit, but then he sensed something, his ears perked up and he turned his head side to side slowly looking at both ends of the street. Then he looked right at the hooded man with a big grin on his face.
"Looks like I'll be having a grand time."

Tora grabbed for his blade and took a fighting stance ready for what he felt was coming towards them.

Emperor of Newbs
Squiggle Master
High Ruler o Typos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A False God (Open, no limit)   

Back to top Go down

A False God (Open, no limit)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1